ARE YOU THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME BY YOURSELF?
Selling a home yourself entails many responsibilities. Are you ready to take on the burden? Here are a few items to think about:
- Are you ready to handle the legal paperwork and liabilities.
- How will you price your home?
- Do you really know how to compare your home to your neighbours? Only a Professional Realtor knows what homes in your neighbourhood have sold for.
- Are you ready and willing to take phone calls from potential buyers all hours of the day?
- Are you ready to show your home all hours of the day?
- Are you willing to hold "Open Houses" on Sundays?
It is estimated that approximately 85% of For Sale By Owners (FSBO'S) switch to a Realtor, take their homes off the market or pay 2.5% to a Buyer's Agent. Only approximately 7% of privately for sale homes sell for market value or even less.
Steps you will have to take to try and sell your home on your own:
- You must be available to take calls at all hours of the day.
- You must be available to show your home at all hours of the day.
- Visitors seem to love your home but you don't receive any offers. Why?
- You will be plagued with Investor Buyers trying to get a deal and drastically reducing your price.
- Is your buyer qualified to buy a home? It's a Realtor's job to make sure your buyer is qualified. When the deal falls through it can make people think there is something wrong with the house.
Approximately 95% of buyers work with a Realtor since it's free for them. If your buyer comes with an offer through a Realtor you will have to pay at least 2.5% commission to the Realtor.
So, is trying to save 2.5% commission really going to be worth your time and potential legal risks and liabilities?